Saturday 3 December 2011

Final alterations to final design (WEEK 11 & 12)

This is the front of my final design shape showing the stages (alterations) made to the 3dimensional hole section...
Section too high up on front.

Tryed to give it better shaping, but still not working so high up.


















Final Front
Lowered and given a more natural shape by using the edge of the bodice sleeve.


















I was also pleased with the side profile.






















I then did some design ideas by looking back on previous deconstruction ideas and drew alterations and ideas on them. The main idea was to insert a sleeve to give more volume and curved shapes.


























and took these ideas to the stand...




















which I then shaped to gain simplified lines and shape...




















I then tacked my entire design in place.I made the decision to turn my seams outwards on the back as it held the structure and shape better.




















I made a few final tweeks to the side draping to get larger simplified drapes...




















and here is my final Wearable Structure!



I was really pleased with my finished structure! I felt that the most successful part was the back as it showed my ability to put different materials together and create interesting shapes. I was also very satisfied with the volume created at the front and the way it held it's structure. Looking back, if I were to change anything, I would add or undo more seams at the front and insert more fabric to give it more volume.
Overall I have throughly enjoyed having the freedom to create and explore the techniques taught and have learnt valuable skills to take foward into future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment