Sunday 27 November 2011

Beggining my Wearable Structure. (WEEK 10 & 11)

After having brought my 2 tailored jackets- a Pin stripe and a plain one see below...





















I then unpicked the linings of both as I didnt think they would add anything to my design.








unpicking a few seams leaving large peices in-tack like the sleeves and bodice and played with the peices on the manequin...
I liked the collar feature but the sleeves used as front panels were uninteresting and I thought could be used to create volume.


and so I unpinned it slightly letting out the sides a bit...but still didn't find it very effective.











I then decided to integrate more peices. For my final design I really wanted to make a feature with the shape of the arm hole as it holds and gives great structure. I got this idea of a 'hole' element from my Enlarged Paper form and draping ideas...


and related this into my designs...



Tryed to shape the 'hole' better...
...But analysing it from the side realised that it was to high and wouldnt flatter the body shape when worn


















I wasnt happy with my back either, as it was too like the original jacket and needed to be altered or unpicked more.




















I tryed on the jacket and whilst unpinning the top to get it on found it fell and draped into a nice shape to work with...




















The side profile showed me that the 'hole' feature needed to be lowered, below the bust to become more flattering.




















and pinned the back slightly diffrently...


















continued in next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment