Sunday 27 November 2011

Deciding on my wearable structure (week 10)

I had to make decisions about which techniques I wanted to take forward to make my 'Wearable Structure'.I felt my Glue and Mutton cloth outcomes created interesting siloutettes whilst my Enlarged Paper shapes generated unusual shapes.I would like to include both these qualities in my final structure. I enjoyed the technique and process of deconstruction when we joined two tailored jackets together. I found the challenge of creating something 'new' from something old and making the different fabrics work together very satisfying so will use deconstruction as my main technique.
A company that does just this is 'JUNKI STYLING', here are a few of their inspirational works...













With referance to the above and combining ideas from my Enlarged paper shapes, glue and mutton cloth with the technique of deconstruction created design ideas in pen and pencil...
























Below combining the idea of 2 jackets, a pin stripe and a plain colour which I would like to use in my final design...

No comments:

Post a Comment