Friday 18 November 2011

'Deconstruction of a Tailored Jacket Continued...' (WEEK 7)

This week we had to join up with a partner and combine both our tailored jackets. My partner had a plain navy jacket whilst I had a a green and black checked fabric. This created a nice contrasta of colour to work with.

1. We unpicked sections of our jackets ensuring we were left with large peices to work with aswell as smaller parts(as I had already deconstructed my jacket last week, we used the larger sections of my jacket as oppsed to all the small parts).

2. We then began to pin our fabrics together over a chair to make sure we were creating 'away' from the body shape of a mannequin like so...








3.... and after each 'chair creation' took our structure off the chair and placed it and played with it on the mannequin. Some of the outcomes were really inspiring...










No comments:

Post a Comment