Friday 18 November 2011

'ENLARGING paper shapes' (WEEK 3)

1.Taking the shapes we created last week, we had to enlarge one of our shapes from our created rule to then work with and experiment structures on a mannequin.
I chose my first rule, and this was my enlarged shape as a flat...


2.We were instructed to not work to the body shape as this would give us 'predictable' shape.To ensure that I did this I manipulated my shape sticking and pinning it before placing it on the mannequin.
These were just a few of the best results:

I was pleasently suprised by the outcomes, and thought they could make features for collar and jacket lapels for example.





















We then worked with a partner and combined both our paper shapes on one mannequin. This was to generate further structure, and I felt we both benefited from this. I had a larger surface area to my shape whilst my partners shape consisted of more angels and smaller shapes.












I really enjoyed this innovative way of working and was realy pleased with our outcomes:This exercise showed me how shapes can be manipulated into different forms and 2D and 3D shapes can be related to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment