Friday 18 November 2011

'A Tailored Jacket' (WEEK 6)

For this week I went to a charity shop and brought a tailored jacket, which I then had to deconstruct.

1.I started with this


and after having unpicked my jacket came up with this...



This was my favourite design, integrating the canvas interfacing.


Although I liked elements of my designs, I felt as though there was too much going on and I they would have benefited with larger simpler shaping and draping. As I was ill this week I created these designs at home, and deconstruted the whole jacket. Fellow students however were instruced in class to seperate just the lining from the main body of the jacket. I felt as though their outcomes appeared more complete and the shapes created were solid, interesting and less predictable.









I found Jake Goodens (fellow student)designs to appear simple yet very effective in the silouettes he acheieved and will look to adopt this next week.



Also fellow student Anjan Gurang's work

No comments:

Post a Comment